Contact Me

Monday, November 26, 2012

My Boys


Nate is home sick from school today. Of course, as soon as I cancelled the babysitting for the day and called the nurse, he began bouncing off the walls and has been acting normal. Me, being the selfish person that I am, am a little frustrated as I'm losing out on money, but at the same time I'm so very thankful he's better. Last year he had a stomach bug that held on for over THREE WEEKS. Every day after lunch he would scream bloody murder for an hour or two because he was in so much discomfort!!!! Thank God for 24 hour bugs!!!

Silly boys; January 2012
This morning the boys watched a Christmas movie, and then with it being Cyber Monday, we did some online Christmas shopping. We picked out and bought gifts for their daddy, their Poppa (my dad), and their Uncle J (my brother). We also picked out gifts for our awesome bus driver, too. We now know what we're buying everyone on our lists, and should be done shopping at the end of the week!

When I put them down for rest, I started making my lunch. I heard them whispering back and forth from their beds, so I went and took a peek at what they were up to...if you have boys and you hear whispering, you'd probably get suspicious, too! Here's their conversation:

Nate: "What do you want to get Mommy for Christmas?"
Ryan: "Beggetabibles!"
N: "Okay! I'll look on this computer and website. You check out other websites. We need a good deal!"
R: "Okay!!! Ooooh, nice beggatabibles on dis site. Wanna wook?"
N: "Oh, those are great veggies, Loopy. I think we should order them. What should we get Daddy?"
R: "Hmm...candy! Lotsa candy. Chocowate. An peeeeanut buttah ones. You wook. I get Paigey pweasant now."

***Beggatabibles = vegetables, wook = look, and they had their pillows propped up on their stuffed animals and were pretending they were their computers.

And so it went on, back and forth, them "shopping" for every member of the family, including grandparents, aunts and uncles, and their cousins. It was such a sweet moment, I wish I could have video taped it...but I was so afraid that if I had moved to grab our camera, I would have missed the moment and come back to them wrestling like cavemen, crashing into everything...again.

Speaking of them wrestling...I hear them thudding around their room...obviously not resting very well. Ah, the joys of raising boys!


How is your Christmas shopping going? Have you witnessed any sweet moments lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment