Contact Me

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Humbling Conversation with my Daughter

Have you ever had a time when you've been so proud of yourself and high on life, just to have someone bring you back to reality?

Today was Day #3 of crazy early wake up time week. And yet again, my house has been cleaner than usual, dinner got on the table right away, and I got the laundry all washed, folded, and put away. I even folded seven a few loads of laundry this morning and put them away as well, and got caught up on my filing that's been sitting around since April for awhile!

To top it all off, the extra babysitting kid's mom was raving about how much fun her son is having here this week, how impressed she is with me, and volunteered to make snack for everyone on Friday as a thank you for the week.

I was walking around with my head high, slightly inflated, and all proud of myself. I can do it all and more!!! Look at me go! I'm an awesome mom, taking care of my family's needs and helping out others!

Then I talked to my daughter, who was more than willing to bring me back down off my high horse. Here's our conversation:

Me: "Okay, Paigey-girl. Get your jammies on, it's bedtime. Don't forget to brush your teeth and floss!"
Paige: "Why do I need to brush and floss at night time????"
Me: "....um....you should be brushing every night....you haven't been?!?"
Paige: "No...I thought it was only at Grandma's that we brush at night...I never brush when I'm home before bed."

Come to find out she's been reading that extra few minutes instead of brushing. I guess I'm not as awesome as I thought :) Reality was bound to come back eventually!

1 comment: