Contact Me

Friday, January 18, 2013

Guest Post: The Focused Homemaker

A month or so ago my friend Sara said that a blog called The Focused Homemaker was looking for guest posters for January. They were looking to do a month on Proverbs 31, and if I was interested, they'd get me set up with a verse and a day. No problem, right?

Well, I wasn't sure I wanted to do it. With Christmas quickly approaching and an already overflowing list of things to do, did I really need something else on my plate? Plus, what if I got stuck with the proverb on dog vomit?!?!? Who wants to talk about that?! I told Sara I'd think about it, and left it at that.

That afternoon, I felt God prodding at me to say yes. I ignored him.

The next morning, I felt a 2x4 upside the head, telling me to do the post. I still ignored it.

Later that afternoon, it was an anvil dropped on my head telling me DO THE POST! Still ignored it.

Then on Facebook one of my friends posted Proverbs 26:11 and a little note -

As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly....if only we took it as literal as it says!

Ew. Wow. Okay, I got it, Lord. I finally conceded and got in touch with Jennifer, and she had a list of verses for me to choose from.

And wouldn't you know it, Proverbs 26 was taken!

So I was grumbling and complaining about it. I was going back and forth between a few of the proverbs, and Pete told me I should do the 18th. I read it, and said no.

Nate came in, looked at them, and without hearing what his daddy said a moment before, also said to do the 18th. I told him no.

Then when I asked Paige which number I should do (she had been in her room the whole time), she also said the 18th.

Okay, God! I get the point! Apparently I had a lesson to learn...

I spent over a week studying and absorbing Proverbs 18. It's about taming the tongue, something I struggle with. Finally I got the post how I wanted, and submitted it.

Come to find out, I did it wrong...I wrote about Proverbs chapter 18, not Proverbs 31 verse 18. Silly, silly me.

I rewrote the post, and resubmitted it.

Yesterday I got an email from Jennifer if I had submitted the post for today, and if I had, if I could send it to her again. Not a problem, right?

Well, yes, it is a problem, if somehow it goes missing from your computer...and you had just gone through your email and deleted a whole bunch of inbox and outbox messages.

Guess who had to rewrite her post yesterday?

So here's the final post! You can also check out Sara's post on verse 16 here as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment